Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, April 25 2024 @ 06:33 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Problem: Postfix logs show email sent from www@domain.com instead of user@domain.com

Scott

Anonymous
I'm running a geeklog 1.3.8-1sr4 site. Due to my ISP's relay restrictions it is imperative that all e-mail generated by my geeklog site be sent out from "myuser@myispdomain.com" This is configured properly in my config.php file... and my local postfix installation is also set up fine to authenticate to my local ISP's mail server. In other words, using my local mail client I can manually send email through my local postfix server and have it be accepted by my ISP's server... however when a message is sent from inside Geeklog, it shows up in my postfix log as originating from the user 'www@myispdomain.com' and therefor my ISP rejects it. However before my ISP made this final lock down, my email messages all looked fine when they arrived to people... as coming from "myuser@myispdomain.com" even though they originated from "www@myispdomain.com".

Now I know that the user 'www' is the system account that Apache uses etc. I'm just wondering if someone knows how to prevent geeklog from using it and will use the proper account?

All times are EDT. The time is now 06:33 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content