Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 19 2024 @ 12:22 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Couple of issues with Random Pic Block

pokgye

Forum User
I am using GL 1.3.9 and Gallery 1.4.2.

I installed the random gallery block by Blaine. Very nice, though it took a little tinkering to get it working but that is fun, right? Laughing Out Loud

The issues I have now are some what minor, but would like to resolve them if possible.

1) I thought there was a way to restrict albums from the random list. Example I have a movie directory and all the thumbnails are generic for the movies. I would prefer not to have them displayed in the random block. I thought for sure I had seen this discussed or mention somewhere but for the life of me this morning I cannot find it. Maybe I need more coffee.

2) Occasionally the random block only displays 'No Photo Chosen' . Is there a way to resolve this as well. This is the one that is really annoying.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

pokgye

Forum User
quick follow up....

I solved #2 I think. My bad. At one point I read that using only lowercase in my album names would help solve certain problem. So I had changed the album names that had cap letters. This resulted in other problems and never fixed the problem I was having (which I did end up solving). Anyway it looks like the block cache still had the lowercase names so I deleted it and forced it to be recreated. Now things seem good. Refreshed 20+ times and no 'No Photo Chosen' message. YAY!!!

Still need some help with #1 if possible.

pokgye

Anonymous
anyone have a solution for #1?

geKow

Forum User
As far as I read the comment in the random gallery block, it blocks all albums not set to viewable for everyone. I don't know if there is a chance to exclude specific public albums.

You might start playing with usergroups. I don't know if the people who could see the movie album must be logged in to your site. If so you could set the movie album to logged and it should be excludet. (I think)

geKow

All times are EDT. The time is now 12:22 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content