Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, March 29 2024 @ 01:03 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

SQL error while removing users from groups

NuckingFuts

Forum User
confused
We were removing users from the various groups in GL, when all of a sudden the good old "An SQL error has occured. Please see error.log for details." message came up. Took a look at error.log, and here is the error, with about 15 instances of the exact same thing, one right after another:

You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to $
E ft_id = acc_ft_id AND acc_grp_id IN ()

I took a look in the "groups.php" file in the admin directory, but every instance of this pattern seemed to be just fine. I'm a little confused here, and am wondering if this is something that can be easily fixed. Thanks!

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Hmm, is that the entire SQL error message? I was expecting it to also list the entire "SQL in question: ...".

With only that snippet it's hard say where it's coming from. The bit about "ft_id = acc_ft_id AND acc_grp_id IN" appears twice in Geeklog: Once in admin/group.php and once in system/lib-security.php

bye, Dirk

Scuba

Anonymous
blah
Dirk,

That appears in the error.log everytime a browser trys to hit GL.

Scuba

Anonymous
...if that helps any. Neutral

Scuba

Anonymous
Looking at the logs again it appears nuckingfuts didn't post the whole error.

Fri Apr 9 04:14:28 2004 - 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the the right syntax to use near ')' at line 1. SQL in question: SELECT DISTINCT ft_name FROM gl_access,gl_features WHERE ft_id = acc_ft_id AND acc_grp_id IN ()

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
It looks like you have a user that is not in any of the groups. All users need to be at least in the "All Users" and "Logged-In Users" groups (with the exception of the Anonymous user, who's only in "All Users").

bye, Dirk

Scuba

Anonymous
Yeah I'm a newb at all of this......

What is the easiest way to fix this?

NuckingFuts

Forum User
Well, I was just rooting around in the SQL database and for the life of me can't find where the UIDs are tied to the groups. Could you please tell me which table I should be looking at? If I know, then I can just find the user without any group privileges and fix it.

Turias

Forum User
Quote by NuckingFuts: Well, I was just rooting around in the SQL database and for the life of me can't find where the UIDs are tied to the groups. Could you please tell me which table I should be looking at? If I know, then I can just find the user without any group privileges and fix it.

You should be looking at the gl_group_assignments table.

All times are EDT. The time is now 01:03 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content