Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, March 28 2024 @ 04:58 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Problem to upload file

Marco

Anonymous
This is the error message:
Warning: move_uploaded_file(D:/Inetpub/webs/worldinaboxit/portale/public_html/images/articles/20040402095902880_1.gif): failed to open stream: Permission denied in D:Inetpubwebsworldinaboxitportalesystemclassesupload.class.php on line 463

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move 'CRazzHPuploadtempphp50F9.tmp' to 'D:/Inetpub/webs/myurl/public_html/images/articles/20040402095902880_1.gif' in D:Inetpubwebsmyurlsystemclassesupload.class.php on line 463

Warning: chmod(): No such file or directory in D:Inetpubwebsmyurlsystemclassesupload.class.php on line 666
How can I solve this problem?

Turias

Forum User
Make sure you read the install docs, create the necessary directories, point to them in the filemgmt config, and chmod them to 775 (and if that doesn't work, chmod them to 777).

me lsgworldl

Anonymous
I am not stupid I did read the instructions, I can install stuff

I have like 5 games on my site, have installed phpbb, invission bb, postnuke, phpnuke, xoops and many other scripts

I deleted the install from fantastico, I dont think you can upgrade it, dont know why, I uploaded the script for the new version, and installed the script, BUT, when I go to the address the script is at, it has the dir for the scripts and I have to clcik on the link for the html files, I wish to know how I make it so the index file opens when you go to the url and not show public_html or whatever file it is in

also now when I try and log on with the admin un it give me a 404 page not found

can any one tell me how to make it so when I go to the url it shows the sitre and not a dir tree

Turias

Forum User
Sorry if I sounded condescending. I wasn't trying to. I just pointed you toward the documentation because 90% of all questions asked here can be avoided if people read the docs.

Anyway, I'm not sure what you mean in your question. Do you go to the URL and then have to click 'index.php'? Or do you go to the url and have to click 'public_html'?

If the first, then your webserver does not know to automatically serve up files named index.php. You would have to reconfigure your webserver (or get your hosts to do it, for you).

If the second, then it means your url is actually http://yoururl/public_html/ If this is unacceptable, you might be able to get around it by moving everything in public_html into your root web folder and then fixing your config.php paths.

memeIamatree

Anonymous
I tried moving all the files in to the root folder, which is http://credit.sg-world.net and I got many errors, I now have a index page to stop people seeing the files in the dir for that sub domain, there is a link to public_html, I have to click on that and then it shows the site

Can you tell me what I need to edit to make it so when I go to http://credit.sg-world.net and then it shows the geeklog site and not the dir tree

if you wish to check out the site and make a loan application, then you can, would be greatfull, I would make £50 if you did Mr. Green ($90)

memeyouareatree

Anonymous
| (1) Database Settings |
// +---------------------------------------------------------------------------+

$_DB_host = 'localhost'; // host name or IP address of your DB server
$_DB_name = 'jipyipy_geek'; // name of your database,
// must exist before running the installer!
$_DB_user = 'jipyipy_geek'; // MySQL user name
$_DB_pass = 'password'; // MySQL password

// The table prefix is prepended to each table used be Geeklog to avoid name
// collisions with other tables that may already exist in your database.
$_DB_table_prefix = 'gl_'; // e.g. 'gl_'

// +---------------------------------------------------------------------------+
// | (2) Paths |

// Note for Windows users: It's safe to use the forward slash '/' instead of
// the backslash '' in paths. Make sure each path starts with a drive letter!

// This should point to the directory where your config.php file resides.
$_CONF['path'] = '/home/jipyipy/public_html/credit/'; // should end in a slash

// You only need to change this if you moved or renamed the public_html
// directory. In that case, you should specify the complete path to the
// directory (i.e. without the $_CONF['path']) like this:
// $_CONF['path_html'] = '/path/to/your/public_html/';
$_CONF['path_html'] = $_CONF['path'] . 'public_html/';

// | (3) Site Settings |

// Make sure this is the correct URL to your site, i.e. to where Geeklog's
// index.php file resides (no trailing slash).
$_CONF['site_url'] = 'http://sg-world.net/credit';

// Some hosting services have a preconfigured admin directory. In that case,
// you need to rename Geeklog's admin directory to something like "myadmin"
// and change the following URL as well. Leave as is until you experience any
// problems accessing Geeklog's admin menu.
$_CONF['site_admin_url'] = $_CONF['site_url'] . '/admin';

// This is the return address for all email sent by Geeklog:
$_CONF['site_mail'] = 'jipyipy@sg-world.net';

// Name and slogan of your site
$_CONF['site_name'] = 'Credit.sg-world.net';
$_CONF['site_slogan'] = 'Find the credit you need';

Turias

Forum User
Quote by memeIamatree:Can you tell me what I need to edit to make it so when I go to http://credit.sg-world.net and then it shows the geeklog site and not the dir tree

To do that, all you have to do is install Geeklog with the index.php and lib-common.php files in your root web directory.

mrgreen

Anonymous
check out http://credit.sg-world.net and tell me what I have done wrong

thx Mr. Green

tree man

Anonymous
I moved the lib file to the root folder and I dont have pic images n the site and if I move the folder with them in in to the root folder, it gives me an error and halts the site, what do I need to do to make it work

becasue if I move everythjing from the public html folder in to root folder it dosnt work wither, so what do I do to make it work

details dont just say move as that dosnt work

Turias

Forum User
Quote by mrgreen: check out http://credit.sg-world.net and tell me what I have done wrong

thx Mr. Green

Check the FAQ.

Turias

Forum User
Quote by tree man: I moved the lib file to the root folder and I dont have pic images n the site and if I move the folder with them in in to the root folder, it gives me an error and halts the site, what do I need to do to make it work

becasue if I move everythjing from the public html folder in to root folder it dosnt work wither, so what do I do to make it work

details dont just say move as that dosnt work

1) Move everything in public_html/ to the root of the site
2) Edit the config.php file and fix the paths and site_url variables to point to the new locations.

All times are EDT. The time is now 04:58 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content