Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, March 28 2024 @ 03:35 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

508 Compliant Theme?

cromulus

Forum User
I am looking for a theme that is fully (or even partially) 508 compliant. For those of you that don't know what this is, it is a set of US Government guidelines for web page accessibility.

I have done some testing of modifying the clean theme, but there is still a lot of work left to do, and I don't want to re-invent the wheel. So, has anyone done this before? Is there a theme built from the ground up targetted at 508 compliance? Thanks.

neonsurfer

Anonymous
I provide desktop support with JAWS and Kurzweil as well as address some 508 Compliance issues. I Ran Bobby against the Geeklog.Net URL. The results show a lot of challenges. I didn't want to leave you hanging without a response and would be willing to assist. However,I think you'll be starting from scratch. There are other groups that might be able to assist

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by neonsurfer: I Ran Bobby against the Geeklog.Net URL. The results show a lot of challenges.

That shouldn't be too surprising, as geeklog.net defaults to using the XSilver theme, which is certainly not the best choice when you're looking for a theme optimized for accessibility ...

I'd try looking into some of the older, simpler themes like maybe Yahoo, although some of them use a lot of nested tables.

bye, Dirk

JoeyE

Forum User
This is something that I am trying to include with my project in making a theme all in CSS and 508 compliant. I will let you know if I make any progress on it.
~JoeyE

All times are EDT. The time is now 03:35 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content