Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, March 28 2024 @ 06:15 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Inquiring whether LDAP support exists or is being developed

Ozzyie Chen

Anonymous
Hi all,
I'm a developer at University of Wisconsin-Madison now looking at using LDAP with fail over to Geeklog for authentication.

I've seen some mentions of interest in this from a year ago, but no follow up. Has anyone been working on this that is planning to contribute?

Some postings indicate that Geeklog 2 might have this as a possibility. Has this been started yet?

If nothing is out there, we're trying to determine the effort required to make this something worth contributing back verses writing a hack that replaces the password check if statement with a function call that would be an include. As a quick win, we're using the email address as the credential to match the Geeklog ID. We might go with a PVI/Geeklog ID crosswalk table if we have time.

Ozzyie Chen (ozzyie@doit.wisc.edu)
Division of Information Technology
University of Wisconsin-Madison

maran

Forum User
Junior
I work at Ithaca College, and we have a successful implementation of Geeklog running as our faculty and staff news service. However, we did too much bad customization in the past, and upgrades have been terrible.

So, I'm looking at this same question, or finding a supportable approach to replacing my hacked LDAP integration with something more along the lines of Geeklog's structure.

What conclusion did you come to?

Benjamin

Turias

Forum User
This is being worked on for Geeklog 2.

http://www.geeklog.net/article.php/20040609155341108

All times are EDT. The time is now 06:15 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content