Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Saturday, April 20 2024 @ 12:23 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Having a brain fart with a new installation....

ola_one

Forum User
Hello all,

Back again with my problems. I have just finished my installation of Apache, mysql and php. I found that when I point my browser to http://localhost I get the apache page, so Apache is working well. When I put in the domain name that I intend to use, the page cannot be displayed.

I have proceeded to install Geeklog 1.3.9 and I got past the second page, but the 3rd page gave me an error of some sort. I have now dropped the database and trying to start over, my configuration was to http://localhost/geeklog/admin/install/install.php

Is geeklog installation dependent upon the DNS entries or it should not matter.

Do I do everything locally first before getting on the net or could I be pointing my browser to my intended domain at this point even though the machine is not connected to the internet?

Sorry its been a while and I just can't remember how I did my first site.

Thanks in advance

Ola

machinari

Forum User
I got past the second page, but the 3rd page gave me an error of some sort. I have now dropped the database and trying to start over

if you got as far as you did then your doing ok with the dns thing. however, your error, without the specifics, sounds like you have not properly set the paths: $_CONF['path'] and $_CONF['path_html'].
Those are the most common problems going from the 2nd to the 3rd page. At least those were my problems on each of my 3 installs of GL. I think that if you looked at the errors for clues you would see something like "cant find file" or "not valid request on line so and so" or something like that.
hope my brain fart helps you

All times are EDT. The time is now 12:23 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content