Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 19 2024 @ 04:21 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

GL1.3.9 + gallery_1.4.1-pl1_1.3.8. - No HTML in Album Decriptions

Anonymous Coward

Anonymous
freakingout
The subject line says it all.

Does this "plugin" version of Gallery not allow you to use HTML and native Gallery skins? If it does then I probably have a newbie permissions thing going on. Question

Any help appreciated! Flames Arrow null.

TIA

geKow

Forum User
I understand your question this way: You tried to use one of the native Gallery themes and that didn't work, right?
Well... the use of gallery themes is suppressed if the Gallery is integrated. That makes some sense, because it would collide with the geeklog (or whatever it is integrated into) styles.
There is a workaround: You can import the css file of the Gallery theme you want to use to your stylesheet. like:
Text Formatted Code

@import url(../../gallery/skins/white1/css/embedded_style.css) all;

Problem is: These styles will collide with your geeklog styles, so you will need to modify them anyway.

hth, geKow

TechFan

Forum User
I finally decided to go searching for an answer like this. I got themes working with GL 1.3.11 and Gal 1.5 by adding another stylesheet entry in the theme's header. This @import command didn't work in IE, but did in Firefox. Adding the entry to the header.thtml worked for both.

The problem I have now is that the gallery doesn't fit in the same area as the rest of the website. . .it seems to take 100% of the browser width even though it starts over to the right because of the left block column. Know to force the gallery into a certain size?

All times are EDT. The time is now 04:21 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content