Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Tuesday, April 23 2024 @ 04:34 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

WYSIWYG HTML editor that works in mozilla

hmm

Anonymous
Hi. I found an HTML editor that works in Mozilla at:
http://www.cmsimple.dk/demo/?Welcome&login

Does anyone know if it is possible to have that integrated into geeklog?

beewee

Forum User
HTML Area 3.0 Beta should also work in Mozilla, but: it's a Beta version!
Dutch Geeklog sites about camping/hiking:
www.kampeerzaken.nl | www.campersite.nl | www.caravans.nl | www.caravans.net

samstone

Forum User
HTMLArea 3.0 is no longer Beta. It is now RC1. Works beautifully.

Sam

hmm

Anonymous
I tried htmlarea and it works fine when using any windows browser (IE, Mozilla FireFox 0.8), but when I go and use a Linux one (FireFox 0.8 for linux), it creates completely different, although valid, html that geeklog won't accept and strips when I go and preview a comment. Such as when I go and highlight some text and hit the bold button. When done in FireFox 0.8 for windows, bold uses < b > text < / b > tags (according to the html source view of html area 3.0 rc1). When done in Firefox 0.8 for linux, bold uses < span style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline;" >text< /span >. Which achieves the same thing, but it seems to be stripped when previewed/submitted in geeklog 1.3.9.

hmm

Anonymous
I forgot to mention that I also used italicizing and underlining to test and see what they looked like in html form with htmlarea 3.0rc1 used in FireFox 0.8 for linux. < i > text < / i > for italicizing in windows and < u > text < / u > for underlining in windows, but it uses < span style="stuff here" > stuff < / span > when using the same browser in linux. You would think a browser that is the same engine version and all on two different platforms would get the same result in javascript, but I was wrong.

samstone

Forum User
I don't use FireFox, so I can't reproduce the issue. But just for brainstorming, have you include these tags, namely 'span' 'style' etc., in the config.php.

Geeklog will strip any tags that is not listed in the permitted tag list in config.php.

Hope this helps.

Sam

hmm

Anonymous
Well, config.php specifically says to be careful using tags like that:

// *** Warning: Adding the following tags to the list of allowable HTML can
// *** make your site vulnerable to scripting attacks!
// *** Use with care: < img > < span > < marquee > < script > < embed > < object > < iframe >

So I was sort of trying to figure out how to get htmlarea to not use < span > at all.

All times are EDT. The time is now 04:34 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content