Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 19 2024 @ 04:18 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Link to Content Syndication

THEMike

Forum User
Where should the link to the new content syndication option in the admin system be?

I've just upgraded my development instance to 1.3.9 and I can't find the link to the file, although the file exists and when I type the url in it works fine.

It's not showing in mysite/admin/ as an option on the menu bar.

I've tried using the 'classic' theme to rule out any theming problems and no luck.

geKow

Forum User
I have the link called "Content Syndication" inside my "admin_block", but you are right, it doesn't show up in "/admin/moderation.php" Confused

geKow

THEMike

Forum User
Ah if't sin the admin block that would explain that...

I use the menu plugin, and don't display the admin block instead using the admin option on the menu plugin.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by geKow: but you are right, it doesn't show up in "/admin/moderation.php"

Actually, if you compare the Admin menu with the icons in Command and Control, you'll notice that several other entries don't have an icon there either, e.g. DB Backup and Mail Users. That's something that should be fixed some time ...

bye, Dirk

Euan

Forum User
Mail users
Content Syndication
DB Backups
GL Version Test

are all not linked... so... add the following code to moderation.php just after the plugin.edit block:

if (SEC_hasRights('user.mail')) {
$admin_templates->set_var('page_url', $_CONF['site_admin_url'] . '/mail.php');
$admin_templates->set_var('page_image', $_CONF['layout_url'] . '/images/icons/mail.gif');
$admin_templates->set_var('option_label', $LANG01[105]);
$admin_templates->parse('cc_main_options','ccitem',true);
}
if (( $_CONF['backend'] == 1 ) && SEC_inGroup( 'Root' )) {
$admin_templates->set_var('page_url', $_CONF['site_admin_url'] . '/syndication.php');
$admin_templates->set_var('page_image', $_CONF['layout_url'] . '/images/icons/syndication.gif');
$admin_templates->set_var('option_label', $LANG01[38]);
}
if ($_CONF['allow_mysqldump'] == 1 AND SEC_inGroup( 'Root' )) {
$admin_templates->set_var('page_url', $_CONF['site_admin_url'] . '/database.php');
$admin_templates->set_var('page_image', $_CONF['layout_url'] . '/images/icons/database.gif');
$admin_templates->set_var('option_label', $LANG01[103]);
}
if (SEC_inGroup( 'Root' )) {
$admin_templates->set_var('page_url', 'http://www.geeklog.net/versionchecker.php?version=' . VERSION);
$admin_templates->set_var('page_image', $_CONF['layout_url'] . '/images/icons/version.gif');
$admin_templates->set_var('option_label', $LANG01[107]);
}

Obviously, you need to upload some images with the filenames as per the code above.

I also edited the template to allow me two rows of icons - otherwise it gets a bit crowded. Copy the table row in layout/theme/admin/moderation/moderation.thtml for the admin blocks, rename to cc_main_options2 and then do the same in moderation.php for any of the items you want to appear in your second row of icons.

I've put a detailed explanation on my site with icons to use.

Cheers,

Euan.
-- Heather Engineering
-- No job too small

All times are EDT. The time is now 04:18 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content