Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 19 2024 @ 06:34 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

My install experience

AnonymousMe

Anonymous
Hi there. I've got geeklog up and running now. Just wanted to quickly share my experience in case anyone else can benefit.

www.digitalspace.net is my webhosting company. They are run Apache with PHP, mySQL out-of-the box, so I didn't have to do anything special before installing geeklog (except to request that they create a database).

I split my install so that the "public" files were copied to my public_html folder; all the other geeklog stuff was put outside in a non-public accessible folder.

The only problem I had (which wasn't a problem at all since it was clearly noted in the install guide) was that I had to do 'chmod 777' on the specified files instead of 'chmod 775' or else I would get permission errors.

Thanks Geeklog!!!!

jkottler

Forum User
Junior
Yeah, I've put both the 1.3.8 and the new rc of 1.3.9 on my host, 1and1.com, and it's been beautiful and easy both ways.

Of note, with 1.3.9, I had to go with SMTP for mail. Don't know why, don't care. It's working nicely so far.

Anonymous

Anonymous
Quote by jkottler: Yeah, I've put both the 1.3.8 and the new rc of 1.3.9 on my host, 1and1.com, and it's been beautiful and easy both ways.

Of note, with 1.3.9, I had to go with SMTP for mail. Don't know why, don't care. It's working nicely so far.

I've also been trying to get email working with 1.3.9 and I'm also on 1and1.com. I was wondering what you had to do to get smtp working. I've set up an email account with 1and1 so I have a username and password for the smtp, but geeklog still doesn't seem to send out emails.

All times are EDT. The time is now 06:34 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content