Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, April 18 2024 @ 12:28 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Cannot add a second user

swampfox

Forum User
confused
I just installed 1.3.9rc2 on a Linux box, and it went fine, no problems. I've added a couple of RSS newsfeeds (including geeklog.net, natch), and added a user (besides Admin and moderator). I've changed the admin and moderator passwords so that "secure" block will quit fussing.

In short, everything is working normally.

Except - now I'm trying to add another user. Remember, I added one just fine, so the database is accessible, visible, etc.

It just refuses to add this new one. It doesn't give me an error. It doesn't indicate that anything is wrong. It pretends that it did add it, but it didn't.

I've looked in the gl_users table, and no such new user exists. HOWEVER, if I logout and do "register as a new user" and try to put in the user name, it tells me that such a user already exists.

So the user's not there, it won't let me add it, but it tells me when I'm logged out that the username is already in use.

Help!
--
I am the Swamp Fox

swampfox

Forum User
Well, I've figured out what happened, though I think this is a bug. I had changed the email address of the 'Admin' user to the same email address for this new user I was adding.

Apparently, it won't let me add a new user with the same email address that 'Admin' has in place.

That's fine for a policy, but it really REALLY should give some indication that the operation failed, and why.
--
I am the Swamp Fox

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Yep, that's a bug. Need to look into it ...

bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 12:28 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content