Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, March 28 2024 @ 03:10 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Stats plugin error - please help!

thushara

Anonymous
I recently installed the stats plugin - it works fine and shows all the stats. But, I get an error message at the top of my page like so:

Warning: fopen(/home/thushara/public_html/stats/cache/country_php_year_2004_month_Feb.html): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/thushara/plugins/stats/functions.inc on line 403

what does this mean? I'd really appreciate it if someone could give me a hand on what to do next! Thanks!

Turias

Forum User
It would be best to contact the writer of the stats plugin. It would have also helped to give us more information regarding paths and the like.

exaurdon

Forum User
Regular Poster
what does this mean?

Well, it means exactly what the error message says:

fopen(/home/thushara/public_html/stats/cache/country_php_year_2004_month_Feb.html): failed

So, the plugin failed to open that file... So now the question is why? And the error message offers some tips again:

Permission denied in /home/thushara/plugins/stats/functions.inc on line 403

Ah-ha, so something in the function.inc file that is part of the plugin attempted to open the specified file (country_php_year_2004_month_Feb.html), but permission to do so was denied. So, from the above information, it appears you have permissions set improperly for your /home/thushara/public_html/stats/cache directory, or at least for that file. Since that directory is called 'cache' it probably means the stats plugin needs write access to the directory.

For information on how to change the permissions of a directory, do some google research on chmod and chown. (for linux anyway)

Exaurdon~

tomw

Forum User
Exaurdon got it correct. You either need to give write access to the cache directory or turn of caching in the config.php

TomW

All times are EDT. The time is now 03:10 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content