Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, March 28 2024 @ 04:45 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

n00bie Events questions

xardoz

Forum User
Regular Poster
working
Hi,
I've got some basic questions about the Events block. Does the block display only upcoming events for the current week?
When I have the Events block on my homepage, it says "Events" and then underneath that "Site Events." Is there any way to eliminate the "Site Events" title? I just want it to say "Events" or, if Events shows only events for the current week, "This Week's Events" without the "Site Events" sub head.
Can this be done, and if so, how?
Thanks

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by xardoz: Does the block display only upcoming events for the current week?

Per default, it displays the upcoming events over the next 2 weeks. You can change that in config.php:

$_CONF['upcomingeventsrange'] = 14; // days

bye, Dirk

xardoz

Forum User
Regular Poster
Thanks Dirk!

What about changing the Events block so it doesn't say "Site Events"? Is that in the Language files?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
The "Site Events" is there because there may also be a section entitled "Your Events", if you have upcoming events in your personal calendar.

The text is in the language file, of course, but the function COM_printUpcomingEvents adds a line break after it, which would still be there if you remove the text from the language file.

So, if you really want to get rid of this text, you would have to make the change in that function in lib-common.php (search for "102" - that's the number of the "Site Events" string).

bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 04:45 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content