Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Saturday, April 20 2024 @ 09:37 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

success.php

Nelz

Forum User
hi all
i am install geeklog in my site and i great empty data base step 1 and 2 it ok i install it but step 3 i have some problem in success.php file (www.mysite.comd/dss/s****/*/success.php )
in this link ihave problem The Page cant be display i try agin but when i try to reinstall it you have some problem 1050 that mean i need to great a new empty data base c the old have some table for site if this erorr from my pc or my connection or my host or erorr in geeklog
thanx alot

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Please quote any error message that you're getting.

When Geeklog tries to load the success.php, it means that it has successfully created the tables in the database. So my guess is that your paths (or, more likely, your $_CONF['site_url']) are not correct. Fix them (in config.php) and call up the main index.php. There's no need to run the install script again.

bye, Dirk

nelz

Anonymous
HI Drik h r u ?
ok i do all thing but when i need to login to geeeklog
i need to login www.mysite.com/public_html/
how to make the index.php to main page in my site
second for you site_url i put this www.mysite.com
or www.mysite.com/public_html/
what i do i mean what the mean of site_url it is to main url or the file index.php in public_html
i try this i move this file or copy this file from public_html to main file in my site and not thing happend
thanx Drik for your support
Your's
NELz

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
To quote myself from another thread:
There's a lengthy paragraph in the installation instructions trying to explain that "public_html" is just a popular name for the public directory of a website (also called the document root) and that it may have a different name for you (e.g. "htdocs" or, in your case, "httpdocs").

So what you probably should do is to move everything from Geeklog's public_html directory into your httpdocs directory and fix the paths in config.php (notably $_CONF['path_html']) accordingly.

bye, Dirk

Nelz

Forum User
hi Drik thanx for your support you are great i slove all problem i try and try and see what the url erorr like this
if www.mysite.com//index.php thats mean i have erorr in slash return to config and fixed all eroor thanx man again
ok
but i need your help now how install file manger and fourm .
i wait you
Your's
NELz

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by Nelz: but i need your help now how install file manger and fourm

They both come with installation instructions. I'd suggest reading them ...

bye, Dirk

Nelz

Forum User
thanx Wink i read it now

All times are EDT. The time is now 09:37 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content