Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Wednesday, April 24 2024 @ 12:22 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Is it Possible with PHP4.03 pl1?

NunoLac

Anonymous
curious
I have PHP 4.03 in my host...and I would really love to use the Geeklog...is it possible? I saw in the PRE-INSTALLATION CHECKLIST that I would need PHP 4.04...

Anyway, my website host only have PHP 4.03 pl1 and MySQL 3.23.10 alpha and i would like to know if it's possible to install Geeklog

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
What sort of web hosting service is that? Both the PHP and the MySQL version have security issues - I certainly wouldn't want to run my site on such an ancient (and insecure) system.

I can't remember the exact reason why we required PHP 4.04. It may be something subtle.

You could always try it and see if you run into any problems. But with the setup you have, you would be better off looking for another hosting service anyway ...
bye, Dirk

NunoLac

Anonymous
Well, my website host it's free cause it's my university host. I've already hasked them if they could upgrade the PHP and MySQL to new versions, but they say that they can't cause they have important programs woking on them...

I'm having many problems with my host cause most of the best PHP board systems, don't work on it...only PHPBB was the only one that worked... Neutral

Anyway thanks Smile
Gona Try to install it.

asmaloney

Forum User

Hmmm... PHP 4.03 pl1 and MySQL 3.23.10 alpha...

Maybe if you tell us which university it is, we can force them to upgrade Big Grin

All times are EDT. The time is now 12:22 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content