Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Wednesday, April 24 2024 @ 09:52 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Should scripts be downloaded or seen?

LWC

Anonymous
Hi!
I just can't decide if I should post my java/vb/whatever scripts as regular posts in my blog or install file management and only have them as files?

So the first option will let people see the scripts online, while the second one will overide the need to save them in notepad...

What do you think?

Thanks

exaurdon

Forum User
Regular Poster
Why not both?

Preferably with a link to the file-management download page from within the article/post? This allows both capabilities, you can show teh code, and even annotate/format it within the post, and then have the actual source avaliable for download....

Exaurdon~

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
(not exactly an answer, but related)

A problem that we have here on the site is that people sometimes upload .php scripts, i.e. without packing them. When you approve such a script, it would be executed, not downloaded. Changing the file's extension to .phps when approving it will then cause the script to be displayed, which is okay for proper scripts but may be a problem for language files (because of special characters not being encoded properly).

Just something to be aware of ...

bye, Dirk

LWC

Anonymous
I guess one should zip the phps then.

Anyway, why not writing the source code in the description of the file instead of having two places for each script (story and file)?

All times are EDT. The time is now 09:52 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content