Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Saturday, April 20 2024 @ 05:36 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Strange behaviour

Gremlin

Forum User
Junior
confused
Hello everyone, Smile

I suceessfully installed the recent geeklog version. Anyway, everything went well, I was really happy with that.

Then 4 days ago I successfully installed the Forum Plugins.But there is a strange thing going on......

Since the installation of the plugins forum, sometimes the site loads fast and just normal. But most of the time...my site does not want to fully-load. Frown

When that happens, the site only loads half-way through. Frown

And no...it is not the server problem, I guarantee that since I have several sites on the same server with the same nameservers as well.

Do you think the scripts is anomaly? Or the MySQL database is anomaly?

Could anybody please help me resolve this problem?

Thanking you in advance. Smile

Gremlin

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by Gremlin: When that happens, the site only loads half-way through.

Meaning you only get to see the header and the left-side blocks?

This usually happens when there is an error (usually not an SQL error but a parse error or similar) but your server is configured not to display the error messages.

The problem may be with a center block or a block on the right side that's been provided by a plugin or some other add-on (e.g. a PHP block).

If you have access to the php.ini, make sure that error_reporting is enabled in it. Otherwise, try to disable all plugins and add-ons one after the other until you find the offender ...

bye, Dirk

Gremlin

Forum User
Junior
Hi Dirk,

Thanks. I will do that and post the update. Smile

Gremlin

Forum User
Junior
If you have access to the php.ini, make sure that error_reporting is enabled in it. Otherwise, try to disable all plugins and add-ons one after the other until you find the offender ...

bye, Dirk

Dirk, Smile

I tried to re-install everything from the scratch again. Whenever I installed the Fourum Plugins, the problem appeard again.

I am not sure what I am doing since I do not know how to access the file you mentioned php.ini and the error_reporting.

Sorry for having this question, though. Smile

Thanks again. Smile

____
Gremlin

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
php.ini is the configuration file for PHP. If you're using a hosting service, chances are you won't have access to that file anyway. You could try asking them, though, if they could switch on the error reporting for you (or if there is a way that you can do it locally).

As I said above, you probably have some error somewhere (it may even be a simple typo), but without seeing any error messages, it's hard to track down ...

bye, Dirk

Gremlin

Forum User
Junior
Quote by Dirk: As I said above, you probably have some error somewhere (it may even be a simple typo), but without seeing any error messages, it's hard to track down ...

bye, Dirk

Okay...let me try a fresh re-install it and see what happens. Smile

Thanks.

Gremlin

Forum User
Junior
excited
Hi,

This is an update for my previous problems I posted.

I re-installed everything again. Smile Everything is working like a charm now.

One more thing I have noticed, though. Sometimes my computer gets cached, that's why it did not want to load properly. I just let it flush by it self after several hours.

Thanks again for your help. Smile

All times are EDT. The time is now 05:36 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content