Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, March 28 2024 @ 06:43 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Stocks Plugin: Any Success???

lestat

Forum User
Chatty
Error when uninstalling: Can not access site now!

Fatal error: Failed opening required '/var/www/plugins/stocks/functions.inc' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in /var/www/html/lib-common.php on line 5176

I followed the uninstallation instructions.

Has any had any success with the stocks plugin ever? I installed it on 3 separate installations of Geeklogs (all at different times) hoping it would miraclously work, but no luck.

I usually end up with some errors that halt the site for example:

Warning: fopen("http://www.webservicex.net/stockquote.asmx/GetQuote?symbol=^IXIC", "r") - Success in /var/www/plugins/stocks/main.inc on line 11

Warning: fread(): supplied argument is not a valid File-Handle resource in /var/www/plugins/stocks/main.inc on line 12

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid File-Handle resource in /var/www/plugins/stocks/main.inc on line 28

Warning: fopen("http://www.webservicex.net/stockquote.asmx/GetQuote?symbol=^GSPC", "r") - Success in /var/www/plugins/stocks/main.inc on line 11

Warning: fread(): supplied argument is not a valid File-Handle resource in /var/www/plugins/stocks/main.inc on line 12

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid File-Handle resource in /var/www/plugins/stocks/main.inc on line 28

or, most of the time, it never grabs the stock prices.

Anyone help?

vadertech

Forum User
Worked for me first try. Make sure your paths are correct and files/directories have correct permissions. As for getting the site to work again, try running the stocks/admin/install.php again and click install then click uninstall.
GeekLog Hosting, Installations and Upgrades - WWW.AWEHOST.COM - Hosting starts @ only $4.95/mo.

keystone430

Forum User
Chatty
I had to turn off my stocks block. I posted the same problem in the other forum yesterday. They told me it was because the service was unavailable. It has not been available for 2 days now.

Is there another service we can substitute for the original one?

wlparks

Forum User
Junior
This is true. The service has been down, I'm working on a solution right now.

Thanks,

Warren

wlparks

Forum User
Junior
here is the site that its suppose to be getting the feed from webservicex.net. If you want you can try entering in the ip instead of the host, but your'll likely have to change it back once it comes back up.

keystone430

Forum User
Chatty
Thanks for the reply. I will try it and see if it works that way.

All times are EDT. The time is now 06:43 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content