Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 19 2024 @ 06:56 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Can I embed GL into an external site?

remy

Forum User
There are two sites. One is GL based, the other one plain html with frames. Both sites are intended for the same public, and the difference is that the GL site is for contacting each other, and the other one contains mainly static information.

Now, in order to avoid duplicating stories and news to both sites, I'm thinking of including these stories/news into the html-site by means of hyperlinking to the GL site. Unfortunate, the left/right blocks are displayed too, so the frame is overflowed.
Is there a structural way to tell GL to leave the left/right blocks out of the page, to skip the page header(s) and/or the themed block-formatting?

I've hacked some source to react on a variable '$is_embedded" for login and so. That works, but is not really maintainable.

Turias

Forum User
I think you're approaching this problem the hard way. Instead of hacking lib-common, I think that you should open up index.php and copy the code that fetches and displays the stories from the database. Stick this code into your own file that is displayed on the other site. This way, you can display the news and stories that you want without resorting to hacking any Geeklog files. Plus, this will require less effort to maintain as Geeklog changes.

remy

Forum User
Grr. Evil Didn't think of that. Thanks for the clue.

All times are EDT. The time is now 06:56 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content