Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, March 29 2024 @ 02:31 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

can't log in as admin

hjklassen

Forum User
Junior
Hi all,

On one of my geeklog sites, I inadvertantly deleted the admin, as I was also set up as another user with root access. Then I noticed that when I clicked the main contact link for the site, there was a message saying "this user is not accepting mail" (or something like that) After reading the forum and mucking around a bit, I was able to figure out that the "contact" link sends email to the admin, or uid 2. Well, there's no more uid 2! So I went to the phpmyadmin panel (very scary, never been there before) and managed to find myself as a user with a uid of 5. I clicked on "edit", changed it to 2, and thought I was pretty good. Big Grin Now when I try to log in, I get a sql error "An SQL error has occured. Please see error.log for details". Cry I go to the error log, but what it says means nothing to me. Here's the text:
"You have an error in your SQL syntax near '' at line 1. SQL in question: DELETE FROM gl_sessions WHERE uid = "
Can anyone help? Thanks!

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by hjklassen: and managed to find myself as a user with a uid of 5. I clicked on "edit", changed it to 2, and thought I was pretty good.

Well, as you just found out, that wasn't such a clever idea after all. If you only changed the uid in that one place, I'd suggest you change it back to 5. After that, you should be able to log in again.

The uid used by the "contact" link is actually hard-coded in the theme (header.thtml), so you can simply change it there.

bye, Dirk

hjklassen

Forum User
Junior
Thank you very much Dirk. That worked perfectly. Big Grin
I will stay away from the database until I've learned a bit more about it Oops!

Best regards,
Hans

All times are EDT. The time is now 02:31 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content