Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Wednesday, April 24 2024 @ 12:33 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Aqua Theme Installation

DJDevon3

Anonymous
Whenever I install Aqua theme (really want this theme bad) it says:
Template Error: set_root: /root/dir/public_html/layout/Aqua/forum/layout is not a directory.
Halted.

Aqua does not come supplied with a forum or forum/layout directory.

Whats' the deal. anyone else have this issue?

geKow

Forum User
You need to copy the layout files from your forum to the aqua theme folder (look into the forum doc Wink )

geKow

DJDevon3

Anonymous
yeah i figured that out after a while. i swear the geeklog developers are Thee worst at organizing installers. use some common sense butheads! we are not all gl gurus. include EVERYTHING and put it in it's corresponding folder when packing. take a look at how nukers do it. that's the way it should be done...sooo simple and way faster to install! bah. maybe the gl devs will never learn but it's just so damn frustrating.

vbgunz

Forum User
The forum is a plugin. This means it does not ship with Geeklog. The GL devs do not support it and are not responsible for the way it works.

It is clearly mentioned in the forum documentation "place a copy of the forum styles in each of your themes". If you would have kept this in my mind you would have never bothered to ask the question let alone insult the developers.

Even if you have never read the forum documentation a red flag should've shot up the second you saw the error upon switching to Aqua. Any way, It is only in hope you have fun with the Geeklog script.

Enjoy!
Victor B. Gonzalez -
http://aeonserv.com

karelj

Forum User
That's a pretty harsh crack at the developers..... is it their fault that you did not read the documentaton properly???

I can understand your frustration, but it is pretty childish just to throw out insults like that.
I've got something to say
It's better to burn out..
Than to fade away!!!

FreakWorld

Anonymous
Your acting like they work for you.
This is free.
To get someone to make what they are giving you for free will have cost you a shit lode.
I use FTP and I did not have 1 problem with it.
And to see your so high and mighty.
Why did you not just contact Blaine or someone and pay them to install it for you?
But seeing how the GL staff did not make it just the way you want it.
Thin don't use it!
You will find making polite suggestions here will get you a lot more thin how you just did it. Angry

exaurdon

Forum User
Regular Poster
As vbqunz noted, the forum is not part of Geeklog. Additionally, the Aqua theme is not part of Geeklog, thus, the geeklog developers have no responsibility for either of those files.

What you are asking for is akin to blaming Ford when you buy an aftermarket campershell from bobs house of shells, and it doesn't fit quite properly.

Now, regardless of whose fault it is, Freakshow pointed out that this is a free open source product. If your paid for Geeklog, or the Forum, or the Aqua plugin, then you could have a right to complain, but since this is open source work being done for free, you are limited to making constructive suggestions on how the product could be improved, or, better yet, fix the problem yourself, or hire a programmer to make the changes you request.

What you should not do, is use a product which is the culmination of thousands of hours of free labor, and for which you recevied free support, and then turn around and stab those who are helping you in the back.

Exaurdon~

Chalkhillian

Forum User
Chatty
Quote by DJDevon3: Whenever I install Aqua theme (really want this theme bad) it says:
Template Error: set_root: /root/dir/public_html/layout/Aqua/forum/layout is not a directory.
Halted.

Aqua does not come supplied with a forum or forum/layout directory.

Whats' the deal. anyone else have this issue?

No, I read the docs.

All times are EDT. The time is now 12:33 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content