n00b

Anonymous
embarrassed
Fatal error: Failed opening required './system/databases/mysql.class.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /homepages/12/d91116938/htdocs/system/lib-database.php on line 110

ACK! can someone help me figure out how to set my paths up correctly?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Try the path from the error message:

/homepages/12/d91116938/htdocs

Although this doesn't look too good. You should probably put everything that's in Geeklog's public_html directory into your "htdocs" directory and everything else outside of it, i.e. in the "d91116938" directory.

bye, Dirk

destr0yr

Forum User
looks like you're on 1and1 host?

i have htdocs/okg/public_html

all geeklog files are in htdocs/okg (this includes system, public_html, plugins, etc..)
in htdocs/okg/public_html/ is where web-viewable files exist. (includes admin/ lib-common.php, index.php, etc..)

if you are infact on 1and1, go into the admin and you can specify the root folder for each domain they host. shouldn't be too difficult.
-- destr0yr
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." -- Douglas Adams

sdf

Anonymous
Hi guys, I'm also a 1and1 user. I have trouble installing GeekLog, could you help me out a bit?
I have no idea how to find my paths. I looked in the 1and1 support forum, nothing.
is it just the folder that I've placed geeklog into, or something else?

Turias

Forum User
If you SSH into your provider, cd to the directory whose path you want to find.

Type 'pwd' to get the path to that directory.

destr0yr

Forum User
1and1 does provide SSH... don't even have to ask. They have a 3yr free promotion on ... www.1and1.com.

In any case... what i did was grab the Geeklog tar ball to my htdocs/ folder. ran tar xfvz geeklog-.tar.gz, then renamed it to okg. after that, logged into my 1and1 control panel under "domains" -> "domain overview", make sure your domain is added, then edit the properties. you can specify your home directory. make sure you specify the same home directory for their s#######.onlinehome.us or people will be able to see everything under the geeklog public_html dir.
Ohh.. and if you know nothing about *nix commands and editors, now's a good time to learn

[edit: i re-read that... err.. i must be drunk... reply to this if you have any other questions and i'll see if i can help.]
-- destr0yr
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." -- Douglas Adams

destr0yr

Forum User
I was emailed personally, so i figure i'd post the reply here as well.

I simply use putty. Nothing more, nothing less… It should drop you into /kunden/homepages/12/d##########/htdocs when you first login to 1and1.

Try the following commands. I’ll use # for comments.
Text Formatted Code

wget http://www.geeklog.net/filemgmt/visit.php?lid=271
tar xfvz geeklog-1.3.8-1sr3.tar.gz
mv geeklog-1.3.8-1sr3/ mywebsitename/  # you can change “mywebsitename/” to whatever you want.  I used “okg/” since my website is okanagangirlz.com.  just the abbrev.
cd mywebsitename/

# now edit config.php – I use VI editor, I like it
vi config.php  # learn to use VI editor.  If not, use Nano (nano –w config.php)
$_CONF['path'] = '/homepages/12/d########/htdocs/okg/';

# next, save and close the config.php (use “ESC” followed by “:wq” for VI, or CTRL-X for nano.

# now edit lib-common.php
vi public_html/lib-common.php

# around line 68-70
require_once( '/homepages/12/d########/htdocs/mywebsitename/config.php' );

Hope this helps.
-- destr0yr

The same Clueless n00b

Anonymous
Okay, I tried putty, I can't get it to work here at work (firewall issues?)

So, I FTPed everything and made the public_html directory my home directory. So far, so good.

Started the install.php script... and it gives me the SAME FARKING MESSAGE!! GRRR!!

Fatal error: Failed opening required 'homepages/12/d91116938/htdocs/system/databases/mysql.class.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /homepages/12/d91116938/htdocs/system/lib-database.php on line 110

WTF WTF WTF!??

If I navigate to the 'homepages/12/d91116938/htdocs/system/databases/mysql.class.php' file, IT'S THERE! Why won't it open?

Turias

Forum User
Quote by The same Clueless n00b:Fatal error: 'homepages/12/d91116938/htdocs/system/databases/mysql.class.php'

Shouldn't there be a '/' at the beginning of that? Check your paths.

Clueless n00b con't.

Anonymous
Holy crap. You were right

I'm such an idiot. Sorry everyone.