Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Tuesday, April 23 2024 @ 04:26 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Access Denied Trying to Access A Story

destr0yr

Forum User
I just installed a fresh copy of GL 1.3.8-1sr3, installation went smoothly. However, now that I have the default setup, when i go into stories and try to edit the current story, it spits out the following error:
Text Formatted Code

Access Denied    
You are trying to access a story that you don't have rights to. This attempt has been logged. Please go back to the story administration screen.

I tried creating a new user with full privledges, and same thing.
Clicking on "New Story" does the same thing. Any suggestions?
-- destr0yr
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." -- Douglas Adams

destr0yr

Forum User
hmmm... i tried the nightly CVS and the Geeklog 1.3.8-1sr3 complete install. these both gave me that "access denied" error. So i d/led the geeklog 1.3.8, installed it, then tar xfvz'd the geeklog 1.3.8-1sr3 files overtop of that, and everything is fine now...

*shrugs* Confused
-- destr0yr
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." -- Douglas Adams

destr0yr

Forum User
OK... now I'm confulzed.

The error:
Text Formatted Code

Access Denied    
You are trying to access a story that you don't have rights to. This attempt has been logged.
Please go back to the story administration screen.

www.destr0yr.com
Running Apache 2.0.48 with PHP 4.3.3
Default install of Geeklog 1.3.8-1sr3. Help?
btw, nothing shows up in the error.log.. just has the dummy entry. Neutral
-- destr0yr

Turias

Forum User
Is that from an account with root access?

You probably already know this, but did you remember to add the user to a group with write access to the topic the story is in?

ASP

Anonymous
Hi, i have just installed the same version and also a friend has aswell and we both get the same message when trying to edit the home page story Frown

ASP

Anonymous
Hi!

I have completly removed the newsest version install, deleted all files, re-uploaded the files, in ansii, re installed all, and again i cannot get Admin Access to the Story on the first page www.ww1sims.com/asp/geeklog/

has anyone found a fix for this?

ASP

Forum User
HI!

i have now removed the whole shibang and unzipped it with the tar -zxvf command, i get it running fine every time but i cant admin the storries
here

Turias

Forum User
1) Make sure that your user has Story Admin privs.
2) Edit the topic the story is in and give write privs to the Story Admin group.
3) Edit the story.

ASP

Anonymous
Hi!

Thanks for your reply, i have it fixed now...it was a permissions thing, my prob was i had set the permissions with my ftp client WS-FTPle, it seemed to set them but i guess it didnt take, when i set them using commands in a ssh shell it worked fine...thx for your time Big Grin

All times are EDT. The time is now 04:26 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content