Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, March 28 2024 @ 07:29 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

trouble with lib-common.php

claire_loves_tux

Forum User
I keep receiving the following error:
Text Formatted Code

Warning: Unable to access ../../lib-common.php in /home/c/claire/public_html/admin/install/success.php on line 3

Fatal error: Failed opening required '../../lib-common.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/c/claire/public_html/admin/install/success.php on line 3

I am 100% sure that lib-common.php is in /home/c/claire/public_html (e.g 2 directories back as it was looking) but I keep receiving this error.The paths in my config.php are all correct (it finds all other files, but for some reason it will not open this file.I have set the permissions to 755 and even 777 with no results.I have read through the FAQs and have found no solution.Also I am using polarhome as a host. Thanks in advance

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Okay, so the install finished successfully and it only failed to display the page telling you that.

Have you tried using the site? Can you get to the Admin's pages, like admin/moderation.php?

bye, Dirk

claire_loves_tux

Forum User
I tried the site and it told me internal server error, I'm also unable to access the other admin pages they complain about lib-common as well

Shane Merem

Anonymous
I am having exactly the same issue. I know my path is right but still gives the same errors.

smerem

Forum User
Quote by Shane Merem: I am having exactly the same issue. I know my path is right but still gives the same errors.

I didn't mean to post this message anonymously. This post is so I can get a notification if someone replies.

Thanks.

Blaine

Forum User
The only thing that comes to mind is permissions although I know you have tried 777. Could you be getting false information from the tool that you are usung to showing or set the permissions.
Geeklog components by PortalParts -- www.portalparts.com

Turias

Forum User
Quote by Blaine: The only thing that comes to mind is permissions although I know you have tried 777. Could you be getting false information from the tool that you are usung to showing or set the permissions.

Yeah, Blaine might be right. How are you setting your permissions? I've heard horror stories of permissions not "sticking" when changing them with some FTP clients.

All times are EDT. The time is now 07:29 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content