Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, April 25 2024 @ 06:00 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

How do you add more sections of your own choosing

vbokser

Forum User
in GL?
meaning if you look at this site geeklog.net... you'll see
resources, sections, user functions, etc...
so how do u create your own personal ones.

Thanks.
Vitaly

Matt

Anonymous
You can create your own block, then place HTML code for links to make a menu - then link to static pages, topics, etc from there.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by vbokser: in GL?
meaning if you look at this site geeklog.net... you'll see
resources, sections, user functions, etc...

Those are called blocks. So the "Blocks" link from the "Admins only" block is what you're looking for.

Also see the FAQ for more information on the various types of blocks.

bye, Dirk

vbokser

Forum User
Quote by Matt: You can create your own block, then place HTML code for links to make a menu - then link to static pages, topics, etc from there.

thanks for the help...
but how can i make a topics type way of adding topics to my own block?... i basically want a second topics section with the same functionality... I hope that makes sense...

Matt

Anonymous
What you can do is disable the Topics block that ships with Geeklog, then create 2 new blocks using the Blocks option under Admins Only . In those 2 blocks, you can create different HTML links to the actual topics.

Example:

Text Formatted Code

<A href="http://www.denverunderground.com/index.php?topic=submissions">Member Submissions</A>

That way you can completely control and create your own menu with links to homepage, topics, static pages, plugins etc etc. Hope this helps.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by vbokser: but how can i make a topics type way of adding topics to my own block?... i basically want a second topics section with the same functionality...

What exactly do you have in mind? Geeklog supports only one Topics (Sections) block.

Depending on what you really want, you could simply put a couple of HTML links in a "normal" block, or you could try cloning the built-in topics block (using a "PHP block"), or maybe the Menu plugin already offers what you have in mind ...

bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 06:00 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content