Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 19 2024 @ 06:23 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Post a comment still not working

tepsu

Forum User
I installed the geeklog-1.3.8-1sr3 -tarball a couple of days ago on my mac OSX laptop. It seemed to work ok, after I got the config.php right. That is: it seemed to.

Posting a comment gives no results. It lets me preview the post, but when I hit "submit" it just loads the comment.php again - with empty textfield.

Interesting enough, there is nothing in the error log. And the situation stays the same if I try to post as an admin or as anonymous.

And yes, I tried to replace the comment.php with the update-tarball comment.php. It did not help.

I would appreciate help here, guys.

ronack

Forum User
Interesting, I just tested my comments on 3 different sites and they aren't working.

What's up guys?

ronack

Forum User
Sorry, I didn't look, here's the answer.

here

tepsu

Forum User
No, that is not the solution. Did that. I downloaded fresh tarball yesterday and replaced the comment.php. Didn't work.

Turias

Forum User
Have you done a lot with the install? Could you try redownloading the latest version and reinstalling?

tepsu

Forum User
OK, I have located the source of my problem: lousy translation. There was nothing wrong with the comment.php.

After testing a fresh install I noticed everything worked fine. I have been working on a finnish translation of the UI and replacing the edited language file with the original solved my problems with commenting.

Now I have to start finding the problem with the translated file...

All times are EDT. The time is now 06:23 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content