Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, April 25 2024 @ 12:48 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Modifying the Article Template?

powderboy

Anonymous
working
I need to have the article template either look similar to the main section templates or have some way of modifying it.

We have tower ads in the right blocks that disappear when an article is viewed. What can I do to have those either stay on or have a different header with a large banner on it?

BTW... the site is still in a rough state, but it's getting closer... we just need to decide on colors and then import all 200+ HTML pages into the database.

http://feedthehabit.bluehost.com

You can see our current site to get an idea of how I'd like it to look:
http://www.feedthehabit.com

Thanks!

cosmicinsight

Anonymous
confused
On a related note.... I was wondering if it's possible to add particular blocks in the story page. I don't mean all of the right side blocks. Just 1 block in particular that I made.

beewee

Forum User
You could try to make a 4th column for your vertical adds only.
Adding a banner in the top of the article is possible, it's also possible to only do that with the featured article template and choose to show the most recent article as a featured article (in configsys). That way only the most recent article has a banner on top. This is also possible when you make a static page with a banner, placed on top of each center column.
Dutch Geeklog sites about camping/hiking:
www.kampeerzaken.nl | www.campersite.nl | www.caravans.nl | www.caravans.net

NeoNecro

Forum User
Regular Poster
I change the code of the header.thtml and at the google ads code in it. Then you will get something like this.
You could also also alter your header.thtml file to show the ads on het left of youre site. Or you could change the footer.thtml to show the ads on the right side of your site.
If you do it right they will always be visible and it will look like the ads on your current site.
But it will be very ugly if you'll be using blocks at the same side of the ads.
dimis-site.be

All times are EDT. The time is now 12:48 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content