Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, March 29 2024 @ 11:24 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

TeknoCentrik -- A Funny Story

i2eeD

Forum User
Junior
Back in March of this year, I set up TeknoCentrik.com as a site for teens to discuss everything. I set it up mainly just so everyone could hear me moan and complain about whatever irks us teens, you know, everything. By June, it was pretty popular, with about a third of my school and some other people from across the country submitting stories and participating in my flawed installation of GeekLog (I had 1.37sr1 completely screwed up, if anyone wants the backup file to laugh at what I did to that database, feel free to ask). Then, a student posted something about his Chemistry class, and it said some (not really too) offensive things about his teacher.

I didn't take much surprise when I was called up to the office the following day with a "slander suit" about to be placed on me. She immediately withdrew it as soon as I pointed out that it was a libel issue, and not slander, and also that there have been attempts to sue me before (I had made a school webpage that the administration didn't agree with, nothing offensive at all, I just used their name in the unofficial title, it was a big stink, ACLU, everything involved, but I emerged on top, long story though, maybe another day). I edited her name out of the story, and all was fine. Then an English teacher thought the chemistry teacher was being too passive, and brought up litigation on her own, because she was mentioned in a user-submitte story. Let's just say, she wasn't successful either.

So anyways, a member of my staff wrote an article about an ex-boyfriend, and a month after the whole teacher issue, I was receiving emails with threatened lawsuits once again. Every email I responded that he really should try. I'd gotten used to it.

With my flawed installation still running in October of this year, a member of my staff truly did something wrong, and what he said was something along the lines of "I really hate the world right now, if I had a gun, I'd go on a mass slaughter right now." My father found out about this, made me take the site down, and my friend on the staff was suspended for a week and got probation Rolling Eyes . Another friend of mine was so outraged that he created a geocities site that specifically threatened to kill members of the school administration, and now he is expelled from school and is facing severe criminal charges. Honestly, I thought TeknoCentrik's chances were doomed.

If you see the site now, however, you can see a fresh install of 1.3.8-1sr2. I took the old site completely down and did a fresh install. Now I have everything I wanted, a fresh template, and a lot of plugins I couldn't have before. If there are any teens in the GeekLog community, or anyone that just found my story amusing, feel free to check http://www.teknocentrik.com out. Thanks.
Are you not entertained?

jlhughes

Forum User
artistic
Nice site. Nice story. Don't let the bastards grind you down.

Anyway, is your theme available for download?

John Hughes

i2eeD

Forum User
Junior
The theme is Axonz-Red 2.2. It's available for download in the Geeklog themes section. We'll see how my administration will like the site with its new disclaimer, lol. Thanks for the compliment, man.
Are you not entertained?

All times are EDT. The time is now 11:24 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content