Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 19 2024 @ 12:03 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Any Guesses as to What I've Done Wrong?

Ben Cohen

Forum User
Hi everybody,

This is my second Geeklog installation. I'm doing it for a friend on the same exact host, so I figured that it would be a breeze. Unfortunately, when I proceed with the Geeklog installation - the screen that says Geeklog Installation (Step 1 of 2) - when I click next, I get the following error:

Fatal error: Failed opening required '/path/to/geeklog/system/databases/mysql.class.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /homepages/4/d90684718/htdocs/geeklog-1.3.8-1sr2/system/lib-database.php on line 110

I'm sure it's really stupid, but I've been trying for hours to get it working, but to no avail. So I was hoping one of you geniuses would just know offhand what was wrong? I looked in both mysql.class.php and lib-database.php but I couldn't figure out what was wrong. I'm sorry to bother you. Thanks again.

Chalkhillian

Forum User
Chatty
awake
Either $_CONF['path'] variable in config.php is not correct or you haven't pointed to your config.php correctly in lib.common.

Snip from the install html:
I get:
Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'some/path/to/system/databases/mysql.class.php' (include_path='.:/some/other/path/'Wink in /some/path/to/system/lib-database.php on line 110

(line numbers may vary)

Answer:

The path that you've entered for the $_CONF['path'] variable in config.php is not correct. Make sure you typed it correctly. Also make sure it uses an absolute path, i.e. one that starts at the root of your file system (and that it starts with a / under Unix/Linux or a drive letter under Windows).

ronack

Forum User
Not exactly sure but what I have to do fore each additional site is have a seperate config.php file for each site. So if my next site is config2.php then I have to change lib_common.php to reflect my different config. Then in order to get the install to work, I then have to change every occurance of config.php to config2.php. Then eveything installs just peachie.

So I have one directory for geeklog with 10 different config.php's.

All times are EDT. The time is now 12:03 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content