Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, March 29 2024 @ 09:34 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Access to multiple groups

bedathur@mac.com

Anonymous
I was wondering if there is a way I can select multiple groups as the target audience for stories I submit! I am the Admin on my site and I have set up several groups. When I submit a story, I want to be able to select which groups should be able to read that post. Currently it allows to me select just one group. Is it possible out of the box or is there a hack out there??

I greatly appreciate any help!

Thanks.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Groups are hierarchical, so you could create a group X that includes groups A, B, C, ... and then assign the story to group X.

bye, Dirk

bedathur

Forum User
Yeah, but that will require me to create several other groups with all different combinations of the sub-groups that I want to use -- it could get really messy! Is this something that might be in a future release? Or is there something that is really limiting this feature? Just wondering....

Thanks!

bedathur

Forum User
As I use geeklog more and more (and love it even more), I wish I had the ability to allow multiple groups access a story -- I am talking about parallel groups, not hierarchical. The access control allows you to select only one group. Seeing that 'Gallery' handles multiple groups pretty good, I am thinking this shouldn't be a big deal. Just wanted to know if this is in the pipeline. I wish I knew php and geeklog internals well enough to hack this up myself Wink

Thanks!

All times are EDT. The time is now 09:34 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content