Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, March 29 2024 @ 03:24 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

headers already sent --config.php:580, help solve error.

fimi

Forum User
hopeful
i never had this problem before and i don't know what to do,
anyone that can help me? currently running PHP Version 4.3.3
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/apx/snosys/config.php:580) in /home/apx/snosys/system/lib-sessions.php on line 180

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/apx/snosys/config.php:580) in /home/apx/snosys/system/lib-sessions.php on line 192

thx, i hope someone can help me.

drshakagee

Forum User
You should look at the very end or the very beginning of your config.php file for a blank line or a space. You can't have anything (not even a space or line break) before or after the open and close tags.
Yes I am mental.

fimi

Forum User
sweet it worked, thx
but, Angry , when i login it doesnt say logged in. it sends me to users.php and it lists the errors and very fast it goes back to index.php.

do i have to check for lines like that or another solution to that?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Try to hit your browser's "stop" button just in time to read the messages ...

But chances are that you have some additional whitespace somewhere (or parse errors in config.php, caused by missing quotes / semicolons).

bye, Dirk

fimi

Forum User
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/apx/public_html/sno/lib-common.php:5193) in /home/apx/snosys/system/lib-sessions.php on line 310

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/apx/public_html/sno/lib-common.php:5193) in /home/apx/public_html/sno/users.php on line 856

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/apx/public_html/sno/lib-common.php:5193) in /home/apx/public_html/sno/users.php on line 859

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/apx/public_html/sno/lib-common.php:5193) in /home/apx/public_html/sno/users.php on line 886

I had geeklog installed on my home pc and the code is the same...but thats when i get Confused , it works on my local server but not somewhere else???

i also deleted the linebreaks after and before the open/close tags. on each of the files that i get the errors in.

can you tell me what whitespace is...in more detail.
please help, thank you...
fimi

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Looks like whitespace at the end of lib-common.php

It's actually all in the error message you get: "output started at (...)lib-common.php:5193".

bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 03:24 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content