ronack

Forum User
We all know of the default topic option. Does anyone have a hack to specify different topics for submission. For instance if I am in the Topic "Documentation" and I click Get Published it would automatically put Documentation in the Topic field. I don't know how many times I end up with a post in the wrong topic, usually the default.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
No need for a hack - Geeklog already does that.

If your theme uses the {menu_elements} variable, it should already work. If it doesn't use that variable, you will need to make sure the link to the submission form reads
Text Formatted Code
<a href="{site_url}/submit.php?type=story{current_topic}">

bye, Dirk

ronack

Forum User
I use {menu_elements} on all my sites with GL1.3.8 sr2. And none of them do that. Is it part of the theme or part of the core?

geKow

Forum User
That "hack" doesn't work for me (I don't use {menu_elements}) all I get is the submit page "header" with the list "you must fill out all fields" and so on but nothing more

geKow

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Hmm, works for me. Tested with Clean (uses menu_elements) and XSilver (no menu_elements) ...

bye, Dirk

ronack

Forum User
Mine always come up with the default topic no matter where I am at when I click on Get Published.

ronack

Forum User
In doing a little analysis I find this. My link for Get Published looks like this.

http://mysite....com/submit.php?type=story&topic=suggest

Suggest being the topic that I am in. When I click on it it goes to that link then a second later goes to this.

http://mysite....com/1admin/story.php?mode=edit

The topic field shows the default topic "Community News" instead of the topic "Suggest".

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
It should work for normal users, though. Can't remember if it ever worked for (Story) Admins or was even intended to work for them ...

bye, Dirk