Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Saturday, April 20 2024 @ 03:48 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Image Upload to Story

NathanZ3

Forum User
How do I enable an admin to be able to upload images to a story? I've seen it done, but I can't figure out how to do it? Any help would be great! Thanks.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Not sure I understand your problem ... Anyone who's in the StoryAdmin group should be able to use the Admin's version of the story editor and thus should be able to upload images in stories. bye, Dirk

barsuk

Forum User
I have another problem with uploading image. I'm insert tag [image1] in Intro text, click "save" button, but Geeklog display : The following errors occured while trying to save your story. Please correct these errors before saving picture #1, 20030331154817247_1.jpg, was not used. You must include this image in the intro or body before you can save your changes
Where my mistake? Directory /images/articles/ with 777 attributes. Picture was uploaded in this directory.

Anonymous

Anonymous
have a look in your images directory. on the server. from memory, whenever i install i have to create a folder for articles and user. if these are already created be sure the permissions set to these folders are 777. im not sure but you might be able to use 775. likewise, if they rnt there and you have to create them, then set the permissions the same Smile hope this helps Tim

barsuk

Forum User
Access rights 777 are necessary for me. With 775 - it is impossible to make upload in this directory. Problem still that at uploading contents of a file spoil.

tingo

Forum User
Chatty
Do you by any chance use a language file other than english.php ?
If so, try to switch to english language, and see if it works then.

NathanZ3

Forum User
When I look at my Group, I am Story Admin, but after the textarea's where I enter the story text, there is no form for uploading images after the Allowed HTML line. Any ideas would be great!

Anonymous

Anonymous
Thanks for all! All works. I should create a file .htaccess with contents:
  • CharsetDisable On
  • CharsetRecodeMultipartForms Off

qgil

Forum User
Junior
Thanks for the locale tip, otherwise I wouldn't have found the way to publish one image. Smile

Instead of setting your locale to English it is recommended to have a look on [language[.php or simply try to find the translated instruction.

For instance, in the Catalan locale we are using it was quite easy to guess:

[imageX] = [imatgeX]
[imageX_left] = [imatgeX_esquerra]
[imageX_right] = [imatgeX_dreta]

DJDevon3

Anonymous
excited
thanks i was wondering how that image x crap worked. it doesn't say submit x with number anywhere.

All times are EDT. The time is now 03:48 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content