Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, March 28 2024 @ 11:44 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Still can't find config.php

rblumberg

Forum User
Again, when I try to install, the install script tells me that it can\'t find config.php in the path I entered. The path it finds for the install script is correct. The path I give it to config.php is consistent with that, and is, in fact the path that\'s returned by issuing the pwd command in the shell from within the geeklog directory. All permissions are set correctly. The blog itself is a couple of layers deep, in /home/richard/public_html/brewhouse/blog/. The path to the install script (as reported by install.php) is: /home/richard/public_html/brewhouse/blog/admin/install/install.php. Is it possible that the depth of the blog files in the hierarchy is somehow confusing the install script? When I run the check.php script, I get the following error: Warning: main(/home/richard/etc/geeklog/config.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/richard/public_html/brewhouse/blog/lib-common.php on line 69 Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required \'/home/richard/etc/geeklog/config.php\' (include_path=\'.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php\') in /home/richard/public_html/brewhouse/blog/lib-common.php on line 69 Again, the permissions seem to be set correctly: 644 for both config files; richard is both owner and group for both. Permissions for the other directories (logs and the several directories in the images directory) have been set according to the installation instructions. I\'m at a loss. Any suggestions would be welcomed. Richard

tomw

Forum User
Assuming your server is running apache on linux. You can try a couple of things. 1) from the admin/install directory command line type less /home/richard/etc/geeklog/config.php. If it displays the config.php then you know this path is correct if not then find the correct path. 2) The path may have symlinks in it and your apache is not configured to follow symlinks. Either change the main configuration or use an .htaccess file to fix this. 3) The permissions may not be correct. Set the permissions on the directory where the config.php file is and the file itself at 777 and try it . If it works then you can begin backing off the permissions until it works. TomW

rblumberg

Forum User
I tried everything you suggested and it still gave me the error. Then I moved the entire geeklog directory up a level, so that it\'s now at home/richard/geeklog. Now it works. Go figure. I still had to chmod the backend, logs, and images directories to 777; 755 was still giving me errors after geeklog was installed. Thanks for your help. Richard Smile

All times are EDT. The time is now 11:44 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content