Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Tuesday, March 19 2024 @ 07:11 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Full name as byline.

peterthompson

Forum User
curious
I'd like to have the author byline for stories be the full name rather than the login name. Is such a hack feasible?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Change the story templates to use {author_fullname} instead of {author}. This will fall back to the user name if the full name hasn't been entered.

bye, Dirk

peterthompson

Forum User
happy
Thanks Dirk!

peterthompson

Forum User
confused
After poking around in the templates and not finding {author_fullname} or {author}, I changed {contributedby_username} to {contributedby_fullname} in storytext.thtml and featuredstorytext.thtml. This changed the byline on the front page and story page, but not in the what's related box or the printable or emailed story. Any hints on how to finish the job? Confused

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Oops, sorry about the confusion Oops! I was looking in the wrong place in the source code when I wrote my response. Glad you figured it out nonetheless. As for the What\'s Related block - that is currently hard-coded to always use the username. You would have to modify COM_whatsRelated in lib-common.php. bye, Dirk

arthur

Forum User
Junior
Is the situation the same for comments? Any way to use the full name for comment authors rather than the username?
Arthur (http://www.shrednow.com)

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
The comment templates are currently hard-coded, so changing anything there would require changes in lib-common.php. That will be fixed in Geeklog 1.3.9 (it is actually already fixed in CVS - thanks to Vinny).

bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 07:11 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content