Filipino

Forum User
Chatty
I have accidentally deleted the default Topic block from 1.3.8 is there an easy way to get it back?

-Wayne-

siridhar

Forum User
curious
just curious...how did you delete the topic block? I am using 1.3.8-1 and there is only an option to display or hide it.

Filipino

Forum User
Chatty
Just selected the [DELETE] option.

I had created a Topic-2 which had a customized menu something went wrong so I was going to delete the cutom one and redo - selected the wrong one.

I have three sites running 1.3.8 and all have Save and Delete. I am using a highly customised theme. From your comments I presume 'out of the box' GL does not allow this.

-Wayne-

ps just checked I have [SAVE] [CANCEL] [DELETE] on each gldefault block, have no standard themes online to check any difference.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
The standard themes don't have a "delete" option for gldefault blocks.

To get the block back, use the following SQL request:

INSERT INTO gl_blocks (bid, name, type, title, tid, blockorder, content, rdfurl, rdfupdated, onleft, phpblockfn, group_id, owner_id, perm_owner, perm_group, perm_members, perm_anon) VALUES (3, 'section_block', 'gldefault', 'Topics', 'all', 0, '', '', '0000-00-00 00:00:00', 1, '', 1, 2, 3, 3, 2, 2);

You may need to replace "gl_blocks" with the actual name of your blocks table, in case you changed the prefix.

bye, Dirk

Filipino

Forum User
Chatty
Many thanks Dirk - It was a theme downloaded from here as well Not to worry will be more careful in the future - first time for everything. -Wayne-

Filipino

Forum User
Chatty
Dirk ... the code throws up an error - Wayne-

Failed to execute SQL :

SQL INSERT INTO gl_blocks (bid, name, type, title, tid, blockorder, content, rdfurl, rdfupdated, onleft, phpblockfn, group_id, owner_id, perm_owner, perm_group, perm_members, perm_anon) VALUES (3, 'section_block', 'gldefault', 'Topics', 'all', 0, '', '', '0000-00-00 00:00:00', 1, '', 1, 2, 3, 3, 2, 2);

failed : Duplicate entry '3' for key 1

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Oops, sorry - that was a copy straight out of sql/mysqltableanddata.php, but of course the new block can't have the block id 3 again ...

Try INSERT INTO gl_blocks (name, type, title, tid, blockorder, content, rdfurl, rdfupdated, onleft, phpblockfn, group_id, owner_id, perm_owner, perm_group, perm_members, perm_anon) VALUES ('section_block', 'gldefault', 'Topics', 'all', 0, '', '', '0000-00-00 00:00:00', 1, '', 1, 2, 3, 3, 2, 2);

bye, Dirk

Filipino

Forum User
Chatty
No problems Dirk won't delete you from the Christmas card list

Many thanks Wayne

PS Late edit .... it worked.