Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, March 29 2024 @ 12:40 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Manual Digest

skyvue

Forum User
Junior
I\'ve got the manual digest installed and everything is working fine.
I would like to know how to go into the database and change all the users preferences so that they receive the digest. I do have it set in my config.php so that new users get the digest by default, however there are about 50 users that were already registered before the plugin was installed that I would like to get setup on the list as well.   As far as I can tell the info is stored in gl_userprefs but I\'m not sure of what value needs to be changed. Anyone have any suggestions???
\'Tater\'

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by skyvue:As far as I can tell the info is stored in gl_userprefs but I\'m not sure of what value needs to be changed.
Nope, it\'s the field \'etids\' in gl_userindex. It can hold a list of topics (meaning the user is only subscribed to those topics) or a \'-\' (dash), meaning the user doesn\'t want to get any digest mails. When it\'s empty or NULL that will be interpreted as being subscribed to all topics. I\'d strongly suggest that you ask those users or at least announce what you\'re about to do on your site, as some people may not like that. bye, Dirk

samlauncher

Forum User
hey m looking for the story digest plz help…

::Ben

Forum User
The Manuel Digest Plugin is in the download area. You can find a french version too if needed here.

Ben
I'm available to customise your themes or plugins for your Geeklog CMS

All times are EDT. The time is now 12:40 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content