Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Saturday, April 20 2024 @ 01:13 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Problems with sending emails

m311b

Anonymous
Hi, I am having a problem with the new user emails and the forgotten password emails being not being received. I have done a little bit of research, and it seems to be mainly yahoo.com mail accounts that are not working. Hotmail and email address on my domain are working fine. I have not had a chance to test aol.com addresses, but I did check another address, my nextel.com address and never received the welcome email or forgotten password email. BUT, when I log in and click to send email to user and send a test email, the nextel.com address works. Strange. Do you know why this error would be occurring?

ronack

Forum User
Okay this might be the same problems I\'m having when I got the SMTP Authentication error. The person who signed up had a Yahoo address and now that I think about it, I received email notification. So you may be onto something here.

ronack

Forum User
Make sure you have a valid email address for admin in Account Information.

Stavn

Anonymous
I have the exact same problem. I have not found any e-mail addresses that work in registration.

Stavn

m311b

Forum User
the email address is valid. i can sent to anyone, including yahoo accts using my pop3/smtp acct using outlook, so i know the server works. what gives?

crickett

Anonymous
im having the same problem. i can send email via outlook through my SMTP, so i know that is good. I can even send via the mail users. that works. but i can't recieve emails from the new user / forgot password section. does anyone have ideas about this??

geKow

Forum User
You could try to set the smtp host to localhost. It seems like that helped me.

geKow

All times are EDT. The time is now 01:13 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content