Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Tuesday, April 23 2024 @ 11:12 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Saving Problem

mikdivad

Forum User
Whenever i try to make a new story, modify a story, or delete a story. It doesn\'t do anything. When i press save in the story editor, it just goes back to the story admin page and doesnt save what i changed. However, when i add a new event or edit an event, or change block order or pretty much everything else requiring a \"save\", it works. The stories just dont work.

DTrumbower

Forum User
What is your register_globals setting in php.ini? It should be on.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by mikdivad: Whenever i try to make a new story, modify a story, or delete a story. It doesn\'t do anything.
That\'s an FAQ: I can\'t edit or create stories. bye, Dirk

mikdivad

Forum User
yea, i cant edit the php.ini file because its not my own server. im just using a hosting service. so i tried removing the line from the admin storyeditor.thtml file but once i do that, when i try to modify or create a story, it just goes to the search page instead of saving

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
You didn\'t answer the original question: Please check if register_globals is \"on\" on for your site. If you don\'t know how to do that, you can call up the first page of the install script, for example - if register_globals is \"off\", it would tell you in bright red letters (and hence if there\'s no such warning, it\'s \"on\"). If register_globals is not on, then you could only try this FAQ entry. And if that doesn\'t work (and your hosting service won\'t switch it on for you either) then you can\'t use Geeklog on that server. bye, Dirk

Brian

Anonymous
blah
I\'m having this same issue. Yes I do have register_globals = On and file_uploads = On. I\'ve also tried the .htaccess trick to no avail. Any suggestions? I can include any info from the info.php script if needed. TIA.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Did you try removing the enctype, as mentioned in the above FAQ entry? bye, Dirk

Brian

Anonymous
angry
Anyone? Yes I\'ve RTFM and yes everything else works fine.

Brian

Anonymous
Oops, didn\'t see a reply before I posted the last msg. Let me try the enctype.

Brian

Anonymous
Quote by Dirk: Did you try removing the enctype, as mentioned in the above FAQ entry? bye, Dirk
Just tried it and it didn\'t work. Same results.

kev

Anonymous
I am having this same issue... the form accepts the changes but Geeklog doesn't come back with "Your story was saved" or whatever it normally returns. Oddly, however, the story IS then in the database, at least in the gl_stories table.

Helllllllllllllllllllp! :-)

kev

Anonymous
I can't believe that I have to turn off photo uploads to get my geeklog properly saving articles. Frankly, and this is in no way a complaint (GL is awesome!) doing so forces me to forego one of the major features that drew me to Geeklog in the first place.

Register globals is on in PHP.ini.
So is file uploading.
.htaccess doesn't work.

kev

Anonymous
Anyway, supergeekloggers, please help!!! :-)

Thanks in advance!
kev

All times are EDT. The time is now 11:12 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content