Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 19 2024 @ 03:44 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

A Curious New Geekster is born

Mr Slabi

Forum User
First I want to thank the creators and the moderators of this great place here...I love this software and want to make sure I get the install right the first time (with your help of course). Now for my question....I have JUST got my new host (lunarpages.com) and the nameservers have not switched over yet. They have givin me a temp url to use untill the site goes live.....There in lies my question. How can I go about setting up the site on the temp url to make sure everything is working right, but still have it right when the site name KRAVRADIO.COM points to us with the new geeklog setup? Is is even possible to do this...Or would it require too much work changing all the url\'s ones the name resolves? Thanks for any and all help guys and girls...I am new to geeklog and am hoping to do the install tonight, and maybe even press my luck and install a few mods...your answers will be my guidance LOL

DTrumbower

Forum User
Basically you only need to change the site url in config.php. I use the ip to install and when the dns has propagated I change it to the domain. Of course if you hard code any links, then those would need to be changed. But in a basic install the site url variable should be all that needs to be changed.

Mr Slabi

Forum User
Thanks D. Worked like a charm...the dns has propegated for me so i switched it over in config.php. I had a few people tell me how they liked it, then I also had a few that said it was all screwed up...So I\'ll wait another day until i switch it to the www site. http://hydra.lunarpages.com/~kravra2 or www.kravradio.com easy to switch, your info was very helpful.....thanks. Come and say hi once we het the forums up.

All times are EDT. The time is now 03:44 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content