Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Tuesday, April 23 2024 @ 03:31 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Permission Denied on lib-common.php

Anonymous
full
Warning: fopen(/home/user/public_html/dbname/logs/error.log): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/user/public_html/dbname/lib-common.php on line 1561
I have gave permission to all four directories/files instructed on the document. I have changed permission on the lib-common.php file also. What could be causing this error to show up on my index page , on top of \"Today\'s featured articles.\" Thanks in advance.

exaurdon

Forum User
Regular Poster
It appears that your php process does not have access to edit: /home/user/public_html/dbname/logs/error.log lib-common.php is the script that is trying to edit error.log. Assuming you are running apache, php generally has apache\'s permissions, so try setting the owner of lib-common.php and error.log to \'nobody\' Also, check that error.log exists. If it doesn\'t, it may be that the /home/user/public_html/dbname/logs/ directory is causing hte problem, your process may not have access to create a file in that directory?

Anonymous
Quote by exaurdon: It appears that your php process does not have access to edit: /home/user/public_html/dbname/logs/error.log lib-common.php is the script that is trying to edit error.log. Assuming you are running apache, php generally has apache\'s permissions, so try setting the owner of lib-common.php and error.log to \'nobody\' Also, check that error.log exists. If it doesn\'t, it may be that the /home/user/public_html/dbname/logs/ directory is causing hte problem, your process may not have access to create a file in that directory?
The error.log file exist under the \"logs\" directory. 644 permission. And how would I change the setting of the owner of lib-common.php and error.log file?

exaurdon

Forum User
Regular Poster
I\'m assuming you are running linux, for each file try: chown nobody:nobody your_file_name_here Apache normally runs as the user \'nobody\' so that should make apache the owner to error.log and lib-common.php, so then apache (php) should have permission to write those files... Exaurdon

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
The short answer, of course, would have been to read the installation instructions (again). Especially http://www.geeklog.net/docs/install.html#permission-denied bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 03:31 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content