Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, April 25 2024 @ 12:23 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Censorship list from a text file ?

emagin

Forum User
Regular Poster
I\'m wondering how I would go about pointing the $_CONF[\'censorlist\'] = array(\'\'); to a text file. Having run a few community sites, I\'ve now got a nice loong censorlist text file which I\'d rather not retype. Plus you could use it across a multitude of sites and just keep updating the one file as nasties get in there. Any thoughts appreciated. I am storing a copy of the current censorlist here. (not for the faint of heart, but hey, it\'s a *censored* world out there) Hey, just think of what a localization effort this would be!

tomw

Forum User
Quote by emagin: I\'m wondering how I would go about pointing the $_CONF[\'censorlist\'] = array(\'\'); to a text file. Having run a few community sites, I\'ve now got a nice loong censorlist text file which I\'d rather not retype. Plus you could use it across a multitude of sites and just keep updating the one file as nasties get in there. Any thoughts appreciated. I am storing a copy of the current censorlist here. (not for the faint of heart, but hey, it\'s a *censored* world out there) Hey, just think of what a localization effort this would be!
That would be easy to do just add code like this to lib-custom.php: $fd=fopen(\"vulgarity.txt\"); while (!feof($fd)) { $buff=fgets($fd,4096); array_push($_CONF[\'censorlist\'],$buff); } fclose($fd); Of course it would do this every page load which would lengthen load times. TomW

emagin

Forum User
Regular Poster
Hmm. I\'ve put vulgarity.txt into my public_html directory When I submit stories with words that should be censored, they are not. Do I also need to modify the config.php to account for this?

All times are EDT. The time is now 12:23 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content