Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Wednesday, April 24 2024 @ 02:25 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

installation parse error

Crickett

Anonymous
here is my error:

Parse error: parse error in c:apachehtdocsgeeklogpublic_htmllib-common.php on line 4183

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: plg_showcenterblock() in c:apachehtdocsgeeklogpublic_htmlindex.php on line 67

now i goto this like in the lib-common.php and with macromedia is seems as though there is a large chuck commented out (comment coloring). on inspection there seems to be no code commenting this out. I even replace a single quote and the color returns like it should (code color) then i save the file and it returns back to the commented out color. and i still get a parse error on that line. very interesting??!!

Any ideas on the fix?

here is the code that has problems in lib-common.php:

$urlstart = '<a href="' . $_CONF['site_url'] . '/article.php?story=' . $A['sid'] . '#comments"';
}
else if( $A['type'] ']== ']=='poll' )
{
$itemlen = strlen( $A['question'] );
$titletouse = $A['question'];
$urlstart = '<a href="' . $_CONF['site_url'] . '/pollbooth.php?qid=' . $A['qid'] . '&aid=-1#comments"';
}

if( $itemlen > 20 )

DTrumbower

Forum User
You have a corrupt lib-common.php. Get a fresh copy and DO NOT EDIT IT WITH DREAMWEAVER. Use a plain text editor. Like notepad, textpad or vi.

samstone

Forum User
Talking about not to edit it with dreamweaver. Let us share a bit about what we use to safely edit the files. I used to use PHPEdit, and sometime simply the notepad and wordpad. Now, I mostly use Macromedia HomeSite. PHPEdit is pretty good, but it didn\'t go beyond version 0.6. I have also heard of great responses regarding Komodo. But haven\'t used it yet, because HomeSite works fine for me, unless someone can convince me of some important features that Komodo has. Any other suggestions? Sam

DTrumbower

Forum User
Talking about not to edit it with dreamweaver. Let us share a bit about what we use to safely edit the files.
I thought i did. Smile On Windows I use Textpad or Ecplise. In linux I use kwrite, because I have forgotten how to use VI.

All times are EDT. The time is now 02:25 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content