Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, April 18 2024 @ 03:19 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

error when posting story

Bebo

Forum User
Junior
when i post a story i get this error Warning: fopen(/usr/home/dementeddictators/geeklog/logs/error.log): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /usr/home/dementeddictators/html/lib-common.php on line 1561 am i missing a chmod somewhere?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by Bebo:am i missing a chmod somewhere?
Obviously. Read the section in the installation instructions again that talks about chmoding the logs directory and the files in that directory. Try running the file at http://yoursite/admin/install/check.php - it will tell you which chmods need to be done. bye, Dirk

Bebo

Forum User
Junior
ok, thanks i chmod all the listed directories to 775 as instructed the images wouldnt upload either until i chmod the images directories to 777 ... is that normal? im also running geeklog on another website on same server with same dirctory structure and the geeklog folder is chmod 755 and the log folder is 775 and it works fine ... that site also required the image folders to be chmod 777 though ill take another look but i think i double checked all permissions

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Yeah, permissions may have to be different for different servers since that depends on how the server is set up / configured. In other words, that\'s normal. bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 03:19 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content