Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 19 2024 @ 07:45 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

New users approved by admin

jt

Forum User
Is there anyway in Geeklog to have a user \"request\" an account, such that an Admin needs to approve it first before the new account is added to the system? I had to hack this feature into my previous Post-Nuke installation and was wondering if this was already present in Geeklog.

MrPilot

Anonymous
Open your \"config.php\" file, and find this section: // enable (set to 1) or disable (set to 0) submission queues: Go to this line: $_CONF[\'usersubmission\'] = 0; And change the \"0\" to a \"1\". This will force all new user submissions to be approved by an admin before they are processed. MrPilot

TechFan

Anonymous
Did a quick search. I am looking for the doc/info on setting up a custom registration form for new users. When I get a user via email that I am supposed to approve, I would like them to have the option of putting in their real name so I don\'t have to search to find out who they are. . .

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by TechFan: I am looking for the doc/info on setting up a custom registration form for new users.
Read the comments in lib-custom.php and do a search for previous discussions of that topic here on the site ... bye, Dirk

TechFan

Forum User
Thanks Dirk,

Nothing shows up in the search unless I use the advanced search. If I search for custom form in the top search, I get two links that seem unrelated:

Usage
What are the different block types for? Normal blocks are just blocks where you can enter som...
Usage
I can\'t edit or create stories. First of all, make sure you have register_globals=on...

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by TechFan:Nothing shows up in the search
Try \"Custom User Registration\" or \"Custom Registration\" ... bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 07:45 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content