Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, March 28 2024 @ 08:51 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Install problems

jwm68

Forum User
grumpy
I am having the following problem with a Geeklog install: I have geeklog up and running fine, and I tried to just copy the installation to another computer. Here is what I did: I copied all the files from my existing/working installation into the same exact directory on the other machine. I made sure that all server references were to \"localhost\" and not the machine name of the old installation. I dumped my MySQL DB from the working computer, and everything appeared to import perfectly to the new computer. However, when I try to login to an account on the new installation, it will not log me in. I am able to login if I am sitting at the computer with the new installation, but when I try to \"serve\" geeklog and login from a different computer, it will not log me in. I do not get an error message, it just never recognizes me as a user. The username shows up in the Who\'s Online block, but the screen still looks like you are just a guest user. All users from all groups have the same problem. Everything is the same on both computers (MySQL, Apache2, etc.), except the working machine is running Windows XP Pro and the machine with problems is running Windows 2000 Server. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Joe

All times are EDT. The time is now 08:51 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content