Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, March 29 2024 @ 05:31 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

What to do about new users

WannaFish39

Forum User
tired
Unfortunately, my host doesn\'t support email. This is bad cause new userrs don\'t get the email with their password so they have to contact me to reset their password and give them a new one. I would like to hack it in some way so that when they sign up, they are just shown some sort of page or maybe that dialogue to show them their password. Anyone know of anything I can do? i did see this hack, but as far as I can tell, it doesn\'t do anything but not send the emails out. Any help is GREATLY appreciated. Thanks a lot, Kyle

WannaFish39

Forum User
The above post got messy and i couldn\'t delete/edit it for some reason so here\'s how it\'s supossed to look: Unfortunately, my host doesn\'t support email. This is bad cause new userrs don\'t get the email with their password so they have to contact me to reset their password and give them a new one. I would like to hack it in some way so that when they sign up, they are just shown some sort of page or maybe that dialogue to show them their password. Anyone know of anything I can do? i did see this hack, but as far as I can tell, it doesn\'t do anything but not send the emails out. Any help is GREATLY appreciated. Thanks a lot, Kyle

Robin

Forum User
As far as I\'m aware this hack does exactly what you need (user registers giving login and password and then can instantly log in). In addition you have to modify language file and users.thtml. Should work for 1.3.8.
Geeklog Polish Support Team

WannaFish39

Forum User
well I reverted to v 1.3.7sr2 just so i could apply this hack but it didn\'t work. Now that you said that, I don\'t think I did it right. I made the changes to the users.php file but it didn\'t do anything. What do I hafta edit in the language file and users.thtml (which I can\'t find. I can only find footer_users.thtml and footerleft.thtml)? I didn\'t edit either of those because it didn\'t specify what to edit in those files? Thanks so much in advance, MacFanatic39

Robin

Forum User
http://www.geeklog.net/forum/viewtopic.php?forum=10&showtopic=21492&fromblock=yes Maybe this answers your question. If not let me know.
Geeklog Polish Support Team

All times are EDT. The time is now 05:31 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content