Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, March 29 2024 @ 02:35 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

strpos(): Offset not contained

Ennuic

Anonymous
Post-installation problem. It has been very easy so far, and this is not a major problem at the moment, but some help would be nice. Anyone can register and be logged in, however. Admins who are logged in, view these errors: Warning: strpos(): Offset not contained in string. in /home/carlennu/public_html/lib-common.php on line 2249 Warning: strpos(): Offset not contained in string. in /home/carlennu/public_html/lib-common.php on line 2088 And regular members who are logged in only see the second one. A search on www.geeklog.net revealed no help to me. Anyone?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Well, it's not an error, it's only a warning. The code it's complaining about is for the user and the admin blocks (that's why admins get two warning messages). Need to look into it to see how to rewrite it ... In the meantime, try to change the error_reporting at the beginning of lib-common.php to read
Text Formatted Code
error_reporting(E_ERROR | E_PARSE | E_COMPILE_ERROR);
i.e. remove the E_WARNING and see if that helps. bye, Dirk

Ennuic

Anonymous
Greatly appreciated! Working good now.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Would you mind telling me what your setting for $_CONF[\'site_url\'] is? I had a look at the code and can\'t figure out why it would emit such a warning message - unless you entered some fairly unusual URL there ... bye, Dirk

Big Ajax

Anonymous
I don\'t know what Ennuic\'s problem was, but for your info Dirk, I had this problem because my site url was blank in config.php. My server was behind a nat router. So then when I entered the ip address for the site in config.php, no one could access the site locally. They had to use the server\'s local ip address (192.168.1.132). But I could not put this ip in config.php because it is non-routable - outside users would not be able to access the site. For some reason, leaving the site url variable blank in config.php allowed me to tweak things so that I could get the site fully up for outside users, and partially up (substantially) for inside users. But I got the error Ennuic has mentioned. I turned warnings off and all was well. Once I got a static ip address for the server, everything was as it should be. I suspect Ennuic had an invalid url entered in config.php.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by Big Ajax: I don\'t know what Ennuic\'s problem was, but for your info Dirk, I had this problem because my site url was blank in config.php.
Thanks. It would never have occured to me that having an invalid URL in that variable could make sense. I\'ll take this into account. bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 02:35 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content