Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, April 18 2024 @ 08:23 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Registration Plugin

ronack

Forum User
Since I was having no luck with the custom_memberinfo portion of Geeklog 1.3.8, I decided to create a Registration Plugin. I am in the final phases of this and it should be ready for beta testing it here in the near future. Basically what this does is probably most everything that the custom_memberinfo forms would do except it works. (edit and modify user detail like Address, City, State, Postcode, Telephone, Fax and Company). If you can think of anything else or other fields let me know via email. All I have left is the install and the templates. Sorry Geeklog writers I just couldn\'t get the custom_memberinfo to work properly and didn\'t get much help when I asked for it. I guess in some respects it breeds creativity.

emagin

Forum User
Regular Poster
Ronack, you mention here that we should email you, but your profile does not accept it. Anyhow, one thing I would love to see is the following: I\'ve set Geeklog up to authorize any new users. Great, but when their name shows up in the Submissions list, it\'s just a HANDLE and an EMAIL address. It would be good to see NAMEFIRST NAME LAST as part of the new user submission process, so that I could authenticate against a membership list to make sure they are approved. Thank you, all the best.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by emagin:It would be good to see NAMEFIRST NAME LAST as part of the new user submission process, so that I could authenticate against a membership list to make sure they are approved.
You may want to look into writing your own custom registration form. An example is included in lib-custom.php bye, Dirk

ronack

Forum User
Quote by emagin: Ronack, you mention here that we should email you, but your profile does not accept it. Anyhow, one thing I would love to see is the following: I\'ve set Geeklog up to authorize any new users. Great, but when their name shows up in the Submissions list, it\'s just a HANDLE and an EMAIL address. It would be good to see NAMEFIRST NAME LAST as part of the new user submission process, so that I could authenticate against a membership list to make sure they are approved. Thank you, all the best.
Sorry I didn\'t know I had that turned off. It is on now. Fullname capability was there before. I think Dirks custom registration uses fields for First Name and Last Name. I am setting up the plugin for use with the old Fullname that is part of the Core Geeklog, however it wont be hard to implement two extra fields. Maybe they can be optional. Anyway I\'ll look into it.

All times are EDT. The time is now 08:23 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content